Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sunset drive

I arrived in Texas Monday, having left Mississippi around 11:30. I decided to take the quickest route across Louisiana, eager as I was to get my lone journeying self to the Lone Star State. I did stop off near Shreveport for a while, where I added to my armory, ate Chick Fil-A (didn’t have time to look for a more interesting local establishment), and had yet another Vanilla Latte, this time at Starbucks (again, not having time to seek out local color).

After crossing into Texas, I found that I was feeling well and was making good time, so I just kept on truckin’. Soon I chose to leave I-20 and take some potentially scenic highways. I aimed for Palestine, as it was on a fairly direct route to Austin.

I drove south for a while and then hopped onto a western-bound highway where I was rewarded with a stunning sunset. The initial pink and lavender hues were sweetly calming as the sun began sinking into the arms of Mother Earth, soon to be embraced in a deep purple blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment